REAL ESTATE LAW
The German real estate market is the country’s second largest market in terms of sales after the manufacturing industry. Investments in real estate are the most important form of investment in this country for companies and private investors alike.
JUR | URBAN advises and supports its clients in the purchase and sale, preservation, protection and utilization of real estate assets.
WHAT IS REAL ESTATE LAW AND REAL ESTATE BUSINESS LAW?
A wide range of legal fields are relevant in the provision of advice on all aspects of real estate. The advice essentially comprises civil law on sales, tenancy law, land law and property law as well as condominium law and public law on building planning and building regulations.
If tenants, landlords and owners are a company, a married couple or a community of heirs, clients must also be advised on company law, family law and law of succession.
In order to be able to cover this broad spectrum of competencies, the lawyers at JUR | URBAN regularly attend specialist lawyer courses and seminars and cooperate in individual mandates for specialist lawyers in family law and inheritance law. Our experts also have access to a broad network of real estate developers, architects, investors, asset managers and other players in the industry, giving them a 360-degree view of the industry and the market.
The JUR | URBAN team has many years of experience and comprehensive expertise in advising clients on real estate law.
IN REAL ESTATE LAW
In real estate law and property law, JUR | URBAN offers the following services, among others, but not exclusively
- Purchase and sale of apartments and land:
Preparation and review of purchase contracts; representation in and out of court in cases of legal and material defects; enforcement and defense of the enforcement of purchase price claims
- Permits for construction and use:
Representation before authorities, building permits, misappropriation; restaurant permits, liquor license
- Commercial real estate::
Drafting and review of commercial leases; extrajudicial and judicial representation of landlords and tenants
- Brokerage law:
Advice and representation of buyers, sellers and brokers
- Neighbourhood Law:
Defense of immissions and disturbances of private and commercial owners and property users
- Have all the relevant documents presented to you: In addition to the contract of sale, you should at least have a look at the current extracts from the land register, the declaration of partition and community regulations, the collection of resolutions and, if necessary, the necessary official approvals.
- In what condition is the apartment? Pay attention to defects and take this into account in the purchase contract if necessary
- For what purpose can the apartment be used? Let us show you the building or usage permit.